Solid Rock IT UK takes your privacy very seriously and will comply with the obligations imposed on us by the applicable Data Protection Legislation.
The Data protection Legislation includes the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any national laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and any subsequent legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
This policy applies to anyone who uses our websites or who buys or uses any of the services provided by Solid Rock IT UK.
Use of Personal Information
Solid Rock IT UK needs to collect and use certain personal information to be able to offer its range of products and services.
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to answer your enquiries
- Where we need to perform the contract we enter into with you and to process payments.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and when your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
With your consent, we may also use your information:
- To advertise our products and services to you,
- To optimise your experience on our website and portal
What Information We Collect
The type of information we collect may include (but is not limited to):
- Contact information: your name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses and other contact information
- Video Images
- IP addresses
- IT Account information including login details
- Areas of the website used and visited, details of transactions you carry out through our website and the fulfilment of those transactions and links to and from third party websites.
Periodically we may ask you to voluntarily complete surveys to provide us with information for our marketing or research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Why We Collect Information
Solid Rock IT UK will use your information for the following purposes:
- to open and maintain your customer account/s with us
- to purchase products as part of our service
- to install products and services remotely or on premises
- to maintain your equipment
- to answer queries
- to provide technical support
- to provide data storage including cloud storage
- to provide consultancy services
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to enable us to provide you with the products and services that you have requested from us and otherwise to perform our legal obligations to you;
- for training purposes, quality assurance or to record details about the products and services you order from us;
- to satisfy and meet our legal and regulatory requirements;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- to notify you about changes to our products and services.
If you have provided your explicit consent and unless and until you advise us to the contrary, we will also communicate with you about relevant information and opportunities relating to existing and new products and services which we consider suitable for you.
How We Collect Information
We will collect information via the following means:
- when using our website, through filling in forms and registering to use our website and through active use of the customer portal. This includes reporting a problem with our website.
- when making an enquiry for our services through filling in the website form, calling us or emailing us
- when discussing or placing an order to subscribe to our products and services
- when making use of our services
- when we take over services from a previous provider you transfer from
- through third party suppliers
- Sharing of Information
In the standard operation of our business and to enable us to provide products and services to our customers, we do not disclose your personal information to third-parties.
Security of Information
We take the safeguarding of your data very seriously. All personal information in our possession is held to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Your Duty to Inform Us of Changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure, and Restrictions
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal
- information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also
- have the right to object where we are improperly processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact [email protected] in writing.
No Fee is Usually Required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What We May Need from You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right To Withdraw Consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact [email protected] Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Questions And Complaints
We would hope to be able to deal with any complaint you may have to your satisfaction.